Below is general information regarding service hours for parents:
- Each family is responsible for completing a total of 20 hours of service to OCS per school year.
- The PTO and Office Staff will help keep track of service hours through Sycamore and Service Cards.
- Transferring of hours to friends and/or family is not permitted.
- OCS teachers and staff are exempt from completing service hours.
Valid service hour opportunities include:
- Chaperoning a class field trip at the request of the teacher. A chaperone should not have extra children (not in the class) attending the field trip
- Attending Parent Workshops
- Assisting a teacher at school or home, depending on the teacher’s request
- Assisting with approved school activities or PTO activities
- Attending PTO meetings
- Serving as a Classroom Coordinator (Homeroom Parent)
- Taking your child to the library or museum (Max 2 hours per location with proof)
- A charge of $15 will be applied at the end of the school year for every uncompleted hour